Deep-linking is the ability to link in-app content from somewhere outside the app. A deeplink functions like a traditional hyperlink on a webpage. For mobile apps, there are a number of factors that make deep-linking difficult, like platform linking standards, app stores, and multiple device types and versions.
Some benefits of deep-linking:
- Deep-linking can be used to index app content.
- It can be used to reduce cost per install (CPI) by advertising content rather than the app itself.
- It allows app developers and marketers to bring users directly into a very specific location within the app with a dedicated link.
- It can automatically detect the native experience and redirect users accordingly.
- Creates a better native search.
- It drives app conversion and organic growth channels.
- Creates a better UX.